The mission of the Willows Public Library is to encourage personal growth and contribute to the development and sustainability of an engaged community through free access to ideas, information, cultural experiences and educational opportunities.
The library began in 1909 when the Women’s Improvement Club gathered $400 to create a reading room for Glenn County in the Newman Building. Four years later they applied for and received $10,000 from Andrew Carnegie’s philanthropic funds to build a permanent library building for the city of Willows. The Classical Revival “temple” style building still stands at 336 W. Walnut St. and is now home to The Museum of Willows.
The Willows Public Library eventually outgrew the building and in 1969 moved to its current home in the civic center on N. Lassen St. For one hundred ten years, the library has been proud to educated and serve our community free of charge.
There are no reviews yet.